Museum rules (house regulations)
• Budapest Pinball Museum is open Wednesdays to Fridays from 4.00 p.m to 0.00 a.m., Saturdays from 2.00 p.m. to 0.00 a.m, Sundays from 10.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Information about irregular opening hours available on the official website www.pinballmuseum.hu.
• Our museum’s exhibition(s) can be attended with a valid ticket. Private events and competitions are exceptions to this rule.
• Children under the age of 14 can spend their free time at the gallery only when accompanied by parents. Nobody visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs may attend programs at the museum – not even in possession of a valid ticket.
• No tickets may be returned for a refund or exchanged for a different ticket. Replacement of misplaced, destroyed or damaged tickets is not possible.
• Everyone may visit the collection and attend events at their own risk.
• The free use of the cloakroom is recommended. In case you arrive with a valuable parcel that you would not like to leave behind in the cloakroom, you can take it with you to the exhibition area, provided its size allows safe storage (under a pinball machine for example).
• Taking photos is allowed at the museum. Video and audio recordings may occur throughout the premises of Budapest Pinball Museum and visitors accept that they may appear on any such recording. Any visitor may not stake any claim whatsoever against Budapest Pinball Museum (henceforth referred to as: company), event organisers, the producers of the recordings or the rightful users of such recordings.
• With the exception of guide dogs, no pets, weapons or objects resembling weapons, nor any objects or substances constituting a hazard to life, bodily integrity and health are permitted on Budapest Pinball Museum’s premises. Means of personal transportation (e.g. bicycles, scooters, roller skates, skateboards etc.) may only be brought into the gallery if they can be folded up and held in hand.
• Food or drinks are not allowed in exhibition rooms, nor are objects the dimensions of which might disturb those playing at neighbouring machines or block evacuation routes when stored.
• Budapest Pinball Museum is a non-smoking environment. Smoking is only allowed in designated locations.
• Visitors are obliged to use the areas of Budapest Pinball Museum and any other locations within or immediately without its premises as they were intended and to keep them in order, furthermore to preserve the devices and equipment in Budapest Pinball Museum, as well as the building itself, operating the aforementioned devices and equipment in line with stipulations. Please remember, these machines have soul, take very good care of them; they particularly dislike hitting, kicking or placing food and drink onto them.
• In the spirit of the pinball etiquette and peaceful coexistence we ask everyone to let other visitors play on a machine after one game is over.
• A very small portion of the population may experience epilepctic seizures when viewing certain kinds of flashing lights or patterns, so anyone who actually has epilepsy should avoid the flickering machines. People with heart problems or epilepsy can try the machines at their own risk.
• In the case of any extraordinary event (e.g.: natural disaster, fire, bomb threat etc.), visitors are obliged to abide by the instructions of the company’s employees, moreover to behave in line with the requirements appearing in the building’s evacuation plan.
• The company shall not accept any liability for valuables that are misplaced on the premises of Budapest Pinball Museum.
• Everyone shall be obliged to do everything that can be expected of them to protect their own and others’ lives and bodily integrity, moreover the company and others’ assets, as well as Budapest Pinball Museum, its equipment and assets, furthermore to prevent jeopardising the said.
• The measures of the company’s employees shall have mandatory effect in respect of guests.
• Visitors are kindly asked to leave all galleries 10 minutes before closing time, in order to allow time for collecting valuables from the cloakroom.
Any visitor who violates these rules may be banned from Budapest Pinball Museum for any specified time and may have official proceedings instigated against them. In case any violation of these house rules also concurrently constitutes a breach of laws and/or regulations in effect, the individual who violates these house rules or the person responsible for an individual who violates these rules shall be held legally liable and shall bear any statutory sanction as well.
Keeping the house rules is in our mutual interest. We kindly request our visitors’ cooperation in this regard. We hope to see you at our exhibitions and events!